Thai Yoga Massage is a 2000-year old practice that draws from Ayurvedic principles and blends applied yoga therapy with massage techniques, to create a unique system of healing that benefits both the student and the practitioner.
In this 7-day intensive course you will learn the principles, theory, and technique of Thai Yoga Massage in a way that you can include these skills in your yoga corrections or as other massage therapies you may be offering. In addition to Thai Yoga Massage, you will learn a variety of solid massage techniques to benefit both you and your students. These techniques work to loosen tight fascia and muscles, to help you and your students reduce pain, achieve greater concentration, relaxation, flexibility, and awareness of the mind, body, spirit connection.
This course teaches how to use healthy, supportive body mechanics. Participants will study indications, contraindications, and legal considerations for adding massage therapy into a yoga session. Also one will learn how to choose appropriate massage oils based on their own dosha and the doshas of their students.
Finally, students receive instruction and experiential practice in Vipassana Meditation. Participants learn how and why this style of Awareness Meditation is associated with and practiced by the Thai Yoga Massage Therapist.
• Course Workbook
• 27 Hours NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork) Approved Continuing Education Credits
• 27 Hours of Thai (Thai Healing Alliance) Approved Continuing Education Credits
• Legal Considerations for Utilizing Massage, Thai Yoga Massage and Assisted Yoga
• Indications, Caveats & Contraindications for Massage, Thai Yoga Massage and Assisted Yoga
• Foundational Principles of Healthy Body Mechanics
• How and When to Incorporate Massage into A Yoga Session
• Basic Supine, Prone, Side-Lying and Seated Thai Yoga Therapy and Assisted Yoga Massage Techniques
• In-Depth Massage Techniques to Use in The Classroom
• Dosha Based Oil Selection
• Self-Massage/Self-Abhayanga for The Yoga Instructor
• Vipassana Meditation Instruction and its connection to Traditional Thai Massage
• Certificate of Completion
Rebecca Farraway, LMT, BCTMB, E-RYT-200, is a Yoga Instructor, Qi-Gong Instructor, Meditation Instructor, Eastern Bodywork Massage Therapy Instructor and Licensed Massage Therapist. Rebecca is the owner of Zion Massage College, a school which offers a one-year professional massage therapy program, focused on teaching students the most effective blend of both ancient and modern massage and bodywork techniques. Since 1995, Rebecca has been active in studying and teaching massage modalities from around the world such as Gua-Sha, Tui-Na, Chi-Nei-Tsang and Holographic model techniques from China, Chivutti Thirumal and Abhyanga from Ayurvedic tradition in India, Thai Massage, Tok-Sen,Thai Abdominal massage from Thailand and many other styles of traditional massage and bodywork. Rebecca continues to actively seek out and to study the ancient and innovative health and healing techniques.
Rebecca is passionate and committed to her profession as a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT). She exemplifies her belief in lifelong learning through her extensive and continued studies of massage and touch based healing in the United States, Thailand, India, China, Europe and South America. Rebecca is especially passionate about researching, discovering and sharing effective traditional medical and healing techniques from around the world.
06.00 – 6.40 am: Morning Meditation
06.40 – 07.00 am: Herbal Drink
07.00 – 9.00 am: Yoga Class
9.00 – 10.00 am: Brunch
10.30 – 12.30 pm: Massage Anatomy/Demonstrations/Theory Workshop
1:00 – 2:00 pm: Fruit
2.30 – 4.00 pm: one-to-one Practice sessions
4:00 – 4.30 pm: Tea time
4.30 – 6.30 pm: Evening Practicals/Reviews / Q & A
6.30 – 7.00 pm: Vipasana/Nature Walk/Mantras
7.00 – 8.00 pm: Dinner
8.00 – 9.00 pm: Video /Vipasana/Cultural Activity (Optional)
Timings are subject to change slightly, as per the group, weather etc.
$800 USD – All Classes + Food + Accommodation in a Twin-share room for 7 Days/8 Nights
$1000 USD – All Classes + Food + Accommodation in a Private room for 7 Days/8 Nights
Included: A welcome kit with a new yoga mat, Manuals, and 500 MB Wi-Fi voucher
Not Included: Flights, Airport Transfers, Taxis, Massages etc.
One Individual Consultation (Full 30 minutes) with lead trainer is complimentary.
As part of the program, you will receive massages from other participants. For an individual massage therapy with lead trainer or any treatments at our Ayurveda center is charged extra.
Airport Transfers are organized at extra cost.
Course Dates: 04-10 February 2017
Before registering for our retreats, please be aware of the Ashram Guidelines and Payment Policy as you need to accept them while filling out the application. Also be ensured of logistics of travel to the ashram, visas and flights from How to Get Herepage.
1) Please go to our Registrations page (or click on Book Now at the top) to see the availability. If the course status is open, please click on ‘Register Now’ link next to the retreat/date you are applying for.
2) After reviewing your application by our teachers, we will send you a Booking Confirmation mail within 24 to 48 hours. Rarely, if the application is rejected for any reason, the deposit will be refunded within 24 hours.
3) Apply for Indian Tourist Visa and send us your flight tickets, at least two weeks before the course starts, to organize airport transfers.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions related the Classes: email@example.com