Ayurveda Foundation Course
Theory & Practical Training to apply Ayurveda in daily lifestyle
20 December 2016 – 02 January 2017
Ayurveda (the science of Life) is one of the ancient medical systems from India. Recently Ayurveda is receiving accolades from medical practitioners from around the world for its in-depth understanding of how to heal from the root of illness, rather than working on prevention of symptoms. Many people who tried Ayurveda Therapies from authentic places, can vouchsafe the efficacy of Ayurveda, beyond any theoretical doubts.
Necessity of Ayurveda Education
More than massages, Ayurveda is a vast science of living a Life in tune with Mother Nature, to let the Nature heal the body! Other than therapies and medicines, Ayurveda can help us in deciding the right diet, life style changes, and psychology, which are at the root of most of the common diseases as well as chronic illness.
There are many of us who would like to learn and practice Ayurveda in our daily lifestyle or share with our clients. Unfortunately, Ayurveda education is not that readily available as of today. There are Ayurveda school/colleges, Ayurvedic Institutes in India or elsewhere to learn the science of Ayurveda, through both classical Sanskrit works, and modern research about Ayurveda.
But a lot of us can’t spare 3 to 5 years of time or afford the cost of being a doctor.
There are also many Ayurveda resorts in Kerala, Goa, and other parts of India, where one can try Ayurveda therapies such as Panchakarma, Rasayana, or get customized Ayurveda treatments for various health problems.
Hey, we can’t travel to India that easy! No holidays, flights are expensive. Ayurveda resorts are expensive, charge us more for the room and food than actual Ayurveda treatments!
One can also learn about Ayurveda from media/online and can even buy the Ayurvedic medicines online or over the counter!
But they don’t work as they promise! The quality of factory produced Ayurvedic medicines are doubtful. Without proper diagnosis, based on physical and mental constitution, and appropriate diet & lifestyle changes, oral medication may not show its effect!
So, AyurYoga Eco-Ashram has decided to develop short term courses and trainings in Ayurveda for common people to apply in their daily lifestyle. These courses are developed and taught by professional Ayurveda doctors from traditional Ayurveda families in Kerala, where Ayurveda is not just a medical system but a lifestyle for both body and mind.
Who can come?
This course is designed to help doctors, nurses, yoga teachers, massage therapists, or any alternative medical practitioners, who already have a basic understanding of how the human body works. Basic background in modern anatomy and understanding of common illnesses would make it easier to understand Ayurveda from a scientific perspective.
Can a normal person without any medical/health background come for this course?
Sure, anybody who wants to learn about their own body and lead a healthy life are welcome. However, please note that this course can be intensive both physically and mentally as it includes early morning meditation, one yoga session (separate for beginners/intermediate), other than two hours theory and two hours practical session.
One has to complete at least 8 hours a day and 100 hours in two weeks to get the certification for 100 hours of training. This Ayurveda course includes includes yoga classes and meditation sessions, as they are integral part of Ayurveda. Students who don’t want to be part of Yoga and Meditation sessions will be given a certificate for 50 Hours.
Please note this course is not Ayurveda Massage course, though it does include how to give Ayurveda massages. This certification is not accredited with any government nor any medical bodies around the world.
What do you learn?
- History & Philosophy of Ayurveda
- Constitutions of Body-Mind based on five elements of Nature
- Effect of Fire-Tissue-Waste in maintaining our Body
- Subtle Anatomy of Human Body
- Effect of Season & Weather in our lives
- Tuning Up Daily Life Schedule to reset the Bio-clock
- Food as Medicine
- How to do proper Detoxification?
- Rejuvenation of Cellular Metabolism
- Dealing with the disease at the Root
- Finding your Dosha
- Nadi Pariksha (Pulse Training)
- 8 fold Diagnosis
- Full Body Self-Massage
- Basics of Abhyanga (massage to others)
- Massage of Heads/Faceb/Feet/Hands
- Marma Points for Self-Healing
- Dinacharya Techinuqes for daily detox
- Panchakarma (Detox Techniques)
- Using Home Remedies for common ailments
- Making of Herbal Medication at home
- Preparation of subtle tastes and teas
- Ayurvedic Cooking Classes
- Daily Meditation (30 minutes)
- Daily Yoga class (separate for Beginners and Intermediate)
- Chanting of Mantras (Optional)
- Video Shows on Ayurveda
- Nature Walks in the countryside
- One day trip to Kerala Forests in search of herbs
- Christmas and New Year Celebrations
06.00 – 06.30 am: Meditation
06.40 – 07.00 am: Jala Neti & Herbal Drink
07.00 – 09.00 am: Yoga Class
09.00 – 10.30 am: Brunch & Free time
10.30 – 12.30 pm: Ayurveda Theory
12.30 – 04.00 pm: Free time
02.00 – 03.00 pm: Fruits / Snacks
04.00 – 06.00 pm: Ayurveda Workshop
06.00 – 07.00 pm: Cooking Class 3 times a week
Optional Meditation/Nature Walk/Chanting
07.00– 08.00 pm: Dinner
08.00 – 09.00 pm: Video Shows 2 times a week
10.00 pm – 10.00 am: Silence / Self-Reflection
Cost of Ayurveda Foundation Course in India
$1200 USD – All Classes + Food + Accommodation in a Twin-share room for 14 Days
$1500 USD – All Classes + Food + Accommodation in a Private room for 14 Days
Included: A welcome kit with a new yoga mat, Books, Neti Pot, and 500 MB Wi-Fi voucher
Not Included: Flights, Airport Transfers, Taxis.
One Ayurveda Consultation (Full 30 minutes) is complimentary.
Ayurvedic Treatments and Medication are available at extra cost.
Ayurvedic Treatments or Medication are not included in this program costs.
If you are interested to take any ayurveda treatments in our facility, at extra cost, please bring your medical records with you. We don’t give general massages, but only therapies based on your health history, only after detailed consultation.
Our courses are taught by at least four expert teachers and supported with about 15 staff. The food in our ashram is specially designed for International yoga students, cooked with mostly vegetables from our own organic farm or bought from local farmers.
Arrival & Departure
Course Dates: 20 December 2016 – 02 January 2017
- Check-In: 19 December after 12 pm
- First Day: 20 December includes an Opening Puja (ceremony) and Orientation
- Last Day: Ends with certification and Farewell Lunch by 2 pm.
- Check-Out: 02 January, after 2 pm or morning of 03 January 2017
- Additional days of Stay: You are welcome to stay before or after the retreat by paying an additional charge of $25/day for twin-share, $35/day for private room, includes all meals and doesn’t include any classes.
How to Register
Before registering for our retreats, please be aware of the Ashram Guidelines and Payment Policy as you nee to accept them while filling the application. Also be ensured of logistics of travel to ashram, visas and flights from How to Get Here page.
1) Please go to our Registrations (or click on Book Now at the top) to see the availability. If the course status is open, please click on ‘Register Now’ link next to the retreat/date you are applying for.
2) After reviewing your application by our teachers, we will send you a Booking Confirmation mail within 24 to 48 hours. Rarely, if the application is rejected for any reason, the deposit will be refunded within 24 hours.
3) Apply for Indian Tourist Visa and send us your flight tickets, at least two weeks before the course starts, to organize airport transfers.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.