Advanced Yoga Teacher Training in India
Traditional Hatha / 30 days / 300 Hours
For the students who completed 200 hours teacher training and already having some experience of teaching yoga, this retreat helps you to the next level. This Advanced Yoga Teacher Training at our Ashram includes many advanced asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, yoga nidras etc. to empower both self-practice and ability to teach advanced poses and sequences, which are not covered in 200 hours yoga teacher training certification courses around the world.
Practically, we prefer the students who completed 200 hours teacher training with us to come for this course. However, if you have completed your previous training in a different school or style, please send us your certificate and syllabus of what you learnt, to ensure that you are prepared for our highly challenging Advanced Teacher Training, in both self-practice and teaching careers.
If we feel that your previous training doesn’t include what is considered standard syllabus, we may ask you to come for a two week Yoga Immersion or Yoga Intensive course, as a preparation to our 300 hours Advanced Teacher Training retreat, which can be very challenging if you don’t have physical and spiritual background that we impart in our 200 hours trainings.
Who can come?
- Completed 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training in Traditional Hatha schools, registered with Yoga Alliance
- Advanced enough to hold basic asanas for a minimum of 1 minute.
- Healthy joints to practice 30 to 40 rounds of Sun Salutations every morning
- Core Strength enough to do 25 double leg lifts continuously.
- Lung Capacity to sustain one hour a day, 30 minutes each session of Intensive Pranayamas.
- Basic knowledge of Anatomy
- Physical and psychological stamina to handle the intensity of 10 hours/day schedule, while surviving on light vegetarian meals twice a day and fruit Lunch
- Willing to practice silence from 10 pm – 10 am
- No High Blood Pressure, No heart ailments or any chronic illnesses.
What can you gain from advanced Yoga Teacher Training?
Surya Namaskaras: Daily practice of min. 20/30 rounds everyday 1) to strengthen Joints + Core for advanced poses 2) improving Cardio-Lung capacity to breath better 3) Detoxifying the Body-Breath-Mind.
Advanced Asanas: Led by the advanced teachers, the morning Yoga class focuses on holding intermediate asanas longer to explore body-breath-mind at deeper level.
Anatomy & Sequencing Principles: Both morning practice sessions and afternoon workshops will teach how to practice /teach more advanced asanas and their variations safely, as per the level of student.
Pranayamas: Two pranayama sessions every day (of 20 to 30 minutes each) to master the basic pranayams and to learn how to practice/teach advanced pranayamas safely, while applying bandhas.
Kriyas: Daily practice of Jala Neti, Kapalabhati/Bhastrika, Agnisara and trying out Sutra Neti, Shanka Prakshalana in the last week of the course, for students who are ready.
Meditation & Yoga Nidra: Learn and practice of various meditation and yoga nidra techniques that you can practice or teach to your future students.
Philosophy: The essence of Bhagavad-Gita for daily life and Patanjali Yoga Sutras, either one or both subjects, depends on the philosophical background of our students. Sanskrit lessons to read/write are also offered in certain Advanced Yoga Teacher Trainings, depends on time-availability and interest of students.
Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy: An introduction to concepts of Ayurveda to understand the physical body/mind, more than what yoga anatomy can teach. Also our Yoga Theraphy trains you on contraindications of certain asans and how to help the students with certan common diseases such as High BP, Diabetes, Asthma etc.
Chanting: Learning how to chant a few more Sanksrit Prayers that you can use in Class Rooms.
Teaching Practice: Each student will be teaching at least two to four classes to the small group of three/four other students: 1) Intermediate 2) Advanced and also learn how to offer workshops based on Chakras. These classes will be monitored by our expert teachers who would help with corrections and suggestions.
- Two weeks of workshops on understanding the principles of teaching Yoga Classes for various levels and settings
- Hands on corrections and alignments for advanced poses
- Understanding the energy flows and creating Sequences within Chakra groups
- Specialized classes for Kids, Prenatal, Senior Citizens etc.
- Working with Injuries, Depression, and alternative settings
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Bhagavad Gita
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Anatomy of HathaYoga by David Coulter
(will be given as manual when you arrive here)
05.30 – 06.00 am: Kriyas
06.00 – 09.00 am: Meditation, Pranayamas and Asanas
09.00 – 10.30 am: Brunch Break
10.30 – 12.30 pm: Philosophy (Gita / Yoga Sutras)
12.30 – 01.30 pm: Private Coaching / Rest
01.30 – 02.30 pm: Fruit Lunch
02.30 – 04.00 pm: Anatomy / Ayurveda / Therapy
04.30 – 06.30 pm: Teaching Workshops / Teaching Practice
06.30 – 07.00 pm: Pranayamas
07.00 – 08.00 pm: Dinner
08.00 – 09.00 pm: Videos or Chanting (3 times a week)
09.00-10.00 pm: Group Study
10 pm – 10 am: Silence Hours
This time table is subject to change as per weather conditions.
Classes are held 6 days a week. The 7th day is for optional Day-Trips.
Yoga Alliance Certification & career
During this Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, students are continuously assessed throughout the course at all levels. Every student will get a chance to teach two yoga classes for a small group four/five people and also to teach one-to-one corrections. Two written exams on Philosophy and Anatomy will be given to evaluate the understanding of the students.
After the successful completion of the course, you can get the certification of RYT 300 hours training, which would be added to your past RYT 200 hours, to qualify you as RYT 500 Hours with Yoga Alliance.
We are registered with Yoga Alliance as “AyurYoga Eco-Ashram” Our faculty includes at least six teachers, who are mostly recognized as E-RYT 500 (Expert Registered Yoga Teacher) or ERYT 200. The yoga teacher training certificate from our ashram in India, is valid for getting an insurance and also to invoice your expenses for ‘further education and training’ for taxation purpose, if you are a medical professional.
After the course, we support our teachers through our online groups to help them with any suggestions and career opportunities through our Global Community. You can always ask for guidance in our online groups or through emails during early stages of teaching.
|November 17 - December 15, 2017||8|
Arrival & Departure
- Day before Start date: Arrival and rest
- Starting Date: Opening Ceremony at 7 am and Orientation Day
- Day 7: Cultural Tour
- Last Day: Departure ( possible to extend your stay)
- Additional days of Stay: You are welcome to stay before or after the retreat by paying an additional charge of $20/day for twin-share, $30/day for private room, includes all meals and drinks.
Costs for 300 Hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training:
$2200= Twin-share Room + Food + Course + Manuals
$2500 = Private Room + Food + Course + Manuals
A welcome kit with a new yoga mat, books, Neti Pot, and 500 MB Wi-Fi voucher is included. Flights and Airport Transfers are not included. We organize Airport Transfers at extra cost.
Our courses are taught by at least six expert teachers and supported by more than 10 staff.
The food in our ashram is specially designed for International yoga students, cooked with mostly organic vegetables from our own farm or bought from local farmers.
Our accommodation and facilities are of the best quality you can find in India.
Download Orientation guide PDF
If you need more practical information about this program such how to get here, preparations, what to bring, what to read, and other practicalities of coming to India, please check out our Orientation Guide meant for preparing our Teacher Trainees.
You can also save/print this PDF from browser menu.
HOW TO REGISTER
Before registering for our retreats, please be aware of the Ashram Guidelines and Payment Policy as you nee to accept them while filling the application. Also be ensured of logistics of travel to ashram, visas and flights from How to Get Here page.
1) Please go to our Registrations (or click on Book Now at the top) to see the availability. If the course status is open, please click on ‘Register Now’ link next to the retreat/date you are applying for.
2) After reviewing your application by our teachers, we will send you a Booking Confirmation mail within 24 to 48 hours. Rarely, if the application is rejected for any reason, the deposit will be refunded within 24 hours.
3) Apply for Indian Tourist Visa and send us your flight tickets, at least two weeks before the course starts, to organize airport transfers.
We organize Cultural Tours on every seventh day which is a day-off from the classes. Please check the Day Tours page in our website for more information. The tour costs are not included in the course fees and needs to be paid separately. It will cost about $10 to $20 maximum for each trip.
Please email: email@example.com for any further questions.