Beginner Yoga Retreat in India
14 Days / for Beginner & Intermediate levels
This two week Yoga Immersion Retreat builds the practical foundation to learn yoga in a systematic way for beginners who want to establish a daily home practice. Intermediate students who have been doing yoga but not established well enough in their practice, can equally benefit from this course.
Senior citizens or students who are not comfortable practicing yoga in regular city classes find this retreat a perfect opportunity to explore their body, breath, and mind in a safe environs. We welcome all students and customize the classes to their abilities and needs.
Yoga Immersion retreat covers daily practice of meditation, two yoga sessions, and one theory class. The 3-4 hours/day of free time in the afternoon allows you to relax, go for a walk in mother nature, or read inspiring books for self reflection. We also offer Private Coaching or consultations with our expert teachers during this afternoon break.
Average group size: 5 – 10 students only. So, you get plenty of personal attention!
What do you get in this retreat?
- Meditation: once daily, various guided techniques
- Morning Yoga: asanas and pranayamas
- Evening Yoga: mixed level, with explanations
- Yoga Philosophy: Yoga for Daily Life or Yoga in a Big Picture
- Detox: daily Neti practice, kapalabhati
- Video Shows: Cultural & Spiritual Videos etc.
- Chanting: Once a week
- Private one to one Coaching / consultation
What is the difference between Yoga Intensive and Yoga Immersion?
Please read this PDF comparison between Yoga Intensive and Yoga Immersion
06.00 – 06.30 am: Meditation
6.30 – 07.00 am: Neti Practice & Hot Lemon Ginger Drink
07.00 – 09.00 am: Asanas & Pranayamas
09.00 – 10.30 am: Brunch & free time
10.30 – 12.30 pm: Philosophy
12.30 – 01.30 pm: Private Coaching (optional)
01.30 – 02.30 pm: Fruit and Snack Lunch
02.30 – 04.30 pm: Self-Study / Nature Walks
04.30 – 06.30 pm: Asanas & Pranayamas
06.30 – 07.00 pm: Optional Program
07.00 – 08.00 pm: Dinner
08.00 – 09.00 pm: Video Shows / Chanting (optional)
10.00 pm – 10.00 am: Silence / Self-Reflection
This time table is subject to change as per weather conditions.
Classes are held 6 days a week. The 7th day is for optional Day-Trips.
Please note this retreat will be running in parallel with other Retreats. When the number of students is less than 10, we may combine the morning meditation / philosophy class with other groups. The evening class might be mixed with the Yoga Intensive students.
Upcoming Dates for Yoga Immersion Retreats in India
|June 10 - 23, 2017||5|
|July 20 - August 2, 2017||5|
|September 1 - 14, 2017||6|
|October 10 - 23, 2017||6|
|November 17 - 30, 2017||5|
Arrival & Departure
- Day before Start date: Arrival and rest
- Starting Date: Includes a ceremony and orientation
- Day 7: Cultural Tour
- Last Day: Departure ( possible to extend your stay)
- Additional days of Stay: You are welcome to stay before or after the retreat by paying an additional charge of $20/day for twin-share, $30/day for private room, includes all meals and drinks.
Price for Yoga Immersion Retreats in India
$700 USD – All Classes + Food + Accommodation in a twin-share room for 14 Days
$900 USD – All Classes + Food + Accommodation in a Private room for 14 Days
A welcome kit with a new yoga mat, books, Neti Pot, and 500 MB Wi-Fi voucher is included.
Flights and Airport Transfers are not included. We organize Airport Transfers at extra cost.
Our courses are taught by at least four expert teachers and supported by more than 10 staff. The food in our ashram is specially designed for International yoga students, cooked with mostly vegetables from our own organic farm or bought from local farmers.
How to Register
Before registering for our retreats, please be aware of the Ashram Guidelines and Payment Policy as you nee to accept them while filling the application. Also be ensured of logistics of travel to ashram, visas and flights from How to Get Here page.
1) Please go to our Registrations (or click on Book Now at the top) to see the availability. If the course status is open, please click on ‘Register Now’ link next to the retreat/date you are applying for.
2) After reviewing your application by our teachers, we will send you a Booking Confirmation mail within 24 to 48 hours. Rarely, if the application is rejected for any reason, the deposit will be refunded within 24 hours.
3) Apply for Indian Tourist Visa and send us your flight tickets, at least two weeks before the course starts, to organize airport transfers.
We organize Cultural Tours on every seventh day which is a day-off from the classes. Please check the Day Tours page in our website for more information. The tour costs are not included in the course fees and needs to be paid separately. It will cost about $10 to $20 maximum for each trip.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.