Yoga Intensive Retreat in India
14 Days / For Intermediate Level
This two week Intensive Yoga Retreat in India is best for the students who already have a foundation in yoga, but not regular in their daily practice. Under the guidance of our expert teachers, this program can help you to explore more challenging asanas and pranayamas, which are important part of our asana classes.
The four hours of daily yoga practice can challenge you to explore your body, breath, and mind. The theory classes on Yoga Philosophy and Psychology (Yoga Sutras) can take your understanding of yoga beyond the yoga mat, to spiritualize the mundane daily lifestyle.
We expect that you are physically and mentally fit enough to handle the intensity of this retreat. If you find this schedule too intensive, you may want to come for our Yoga Immersion Retreats where the yoga sessions are lighter and there is only one theory class a day.
Average group size: 5 – 10 students only. So, you get plenty of personal attention!
What do you get in this Retreat?
- Meditation: twice daily, various guided techniques
- Morning practice: intensive asanas and pranayamas
- Evening practice: mixed level asana and pranayama
- Yoga Philosophy: Bhagavad Gita or Yoga in a Big Picture
- Yoga Pscyhology: Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Ayurveda: an introduction to Ayurveda in daily life
- Detox: daily Neti practice, Kapalabhati. Shankaprakshalana (optional)
- Video Shows: Yoga Anatomy, Cultural & Spiritual Videos etc.
- Chanting: Once a week
- Private one to one Coaching / consultation
- 108 Sun Salutations on the final day
What is the difference between Yoga Intensive and Yoga Immersion?
Please read this PDF comparison between Yoga Intensive and Yoga Immersion
06.00 – 06.40 am: Meditation
06.40 – 07.00 am: Jala Neti
07.00 – 09.00 am: Asanas + Pranayamas
09.00 – 10.30 am: Brunch & Free time
10.30 – 12.30 pm: Yoga Philosophy
12.30 – 01.30 pm: Free time / Private coaching
01.30 – 02.30 pm: Fruits / Snacks
02.30 – 04.00 pm: Yoga Sutras / Ayurveda
04.30 – 06.30 pm: Asanas + Pranayamas + Meditation
07.00– 08.00 pm: Dinner
08.00 – 09.00 pm: Video Shows / Chanting
10.00 pm – 10.00 am: Silence / Self-Reflection
The daily schedule is subject to change as per weather conditions.
Classes are held 6 days a week. The 7th day is for optional Day-Trips.
Please note this retreat might be running in parallel with other Retreats. When the number of students is less than 10, we may combine the morning meditation / philosophy class with other groups. The evening practice session might be combined with Yoga Immersion students.
Upcoming Dates for Yoga Intensive Retreat
|March 1 - 14, 2017||0|
|April 4 - 17, 2017||1|
|June 25 - July 8, 2017||7|
|August 4 - 17, 2017||7|
|September 16 - 29, 2017||7|
|October 25 - November 7, 2017||7|
|December 2 - 15, 2017||7|
If these dates do not work for you, you may want to come for Yoga Immersion, and request to join with the Yoga Teacher Training students, for the morning meditation and intensive asana classes and afternoon Yoga Sutra classes. The evening practice will be mixed-level, with Yoga Immersion students. This request is granted depending upon the number of students in other groups. If you are accepted for this customized program, you will have to pay an extra of $100-$300 above the normal Yoga Immersion rates, depending upon the extra classes added.
Arrival & Departure
- Day before Start date: Arrival and rest
- Starting Date: Includes orientation
- Day 7: Cultural Tour
- Last Day: Departure ( possible to extend your stay)
- Additional days of Stay: You are welcome to stay before or after the retreat by paying an additional charge of $20/day for twin-share, $30/day for Private room + all meals and drinks.
Price for Intensive Yoga Retreat in India
$1000 USD – All Classes + Food + Accommodation in a twin-share room for 14 Days
$1200 USD – All Classes + Food + Accommodation in a private room for 14 Days
A welcome kit with a new yoga mat, books, Neti Pot, and 500 MB Wi-Fi voucher is included.
Flights and Airport Transfers are not included. We organize Airport Transfers at extra cost.
Our courses are taught by at least four expert teachers and supported by more than 10 staff. The food in our ashram is specially designed for International yoga students, cooked with mostly organic vegetables from our own organic farm or bought from local farmers.
HOW TO REGISTER
Before registering for our retreats, please be aware of the Ashram Guidelines and Payment Policy as you nee to accept them while filling the application. Also be ensured of logistics of travel to ashram, visas and flights from How to Get Here page.
1) Please go to our Registrations (or click on Book Now at the top) to see the availability. If the course status is open, please click on ‘Register Now’ link next to the retreat/date you are applying for.
2) After reviewing your application by our teachers, we will send you a Booking Confirmation mail within 24 to 48 hours. Rarely, if the application is rejected for any reason, the deposit will be refunded within 24 hours.
3) Apply for Indian Tourist Visa and send us your flight tickets, at least two weeks before the course starts, to organize airport transfers.
We organize Cultural Tours on every seventh day which is a day-off from the classes. Please check the Day Tours page in our website for more information. The tour costs are not included in the course fees and needs to be paid separately. It will cost about $10 to $20 maximum for each trip.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.