AyurYoga Eco-Ashram is currently accepting bookings for yoga and ayurveda retreats from 03 December 2021. However, the bookings are restricted for fully vaccinated guests, who are willing to share the Covid Vaccine proof.
The Covid-19 related medical cases, hospitalizations, and deaths have been on a downward curve since the peak of May 2021. As of 01 December 2021, Indian Government successfully completed delivering 1.25 billion doses of the Covid Vaccine, covering 84.3% of adult population receiving the first dose, 49% of adult population receiving both doses. The Indian Government is working really hard, literally knocking on the doors of people, to vaccinate all eligible population by 31 December 2021.
After experiencing one of the largest healthcare collapse during the months of April and May 2021, the Government of India heavily ramped up health infrastructure, oxygen plants, Covid care facilities, in preparation to deal with any further new waves of Covid. By October 2021, most of the Covid related restrictions and policies are being withdrawn all over the country. Life on the streets seems to be returning to normal. Schools, offices and public gathering are seen without any masks.
The Government of India announced that all International flights will be resumed from 15 December 2021. However, the recent emergence of a new omicron variant, this decision is put on hold and new precautionary measures started in all airports. As the scientific data on this new variant is still not available, we are not sure how long these new measure will last or change in the coming few days or weeks.
Latest Guidelines for International Travel to India
- The Government of India is currently issuing only 30 day valid Tourist Visas for foreigners arriving in India after 15 November 2021. The existing tourist visas, issued before 15 Oct 2021, are cancelled and not valid to travel to India.
- Patients coming for Ayurveda Treatments to our ashram are eligible for 60 day E-Medical Visa.
- The official Government website to apply for E-Visa (E-Visa) : https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/
- The E-Tourist Visa is free of cost for the first 500,000 visas since 15 October 2021.
- All international passengers are required to take RT-PCR test (tested within 72 hours prior to undertaking the journey) and upload a negative RT-PCR results on this website: Air Suvidha India to be able to board any flight to India.
- International passengers flying in from “At-risk countries” have to give second RT PCR test after arrival, for which you need to pay Rs.3900 (BLR Airport) and wait for 2 to 4 hours for test results. If tested positive, travellers are not allowed to leave airport, but taken to a medical facility for quarantine and further testing.
- The list of At-risk Countries as of Dec 02: All countries in Europe, UK, South Africa, Brazil, Botswana, China, Mauritius, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Singapore, Hong Kong and Israel. Please check the recent list from this page: Department of Health
- International passengers arriving from countries, not listed under At-risk category: 2% of passengers are randomly selected for a rapid RT PCR test after arrival, in which case passengers need to pay Rs.3900 (at Bangalore Airport) and wait for 2 to 4 hours for the test results. If tested positive, travellers are not allowed to leave the airport, but taken to a medical facility for further testing and treatment.
- Please read the official notification from Government of India : Covid Travel Protocols as per the Government of India
- Though vaccination is not mandatory to fly into India, we don’t recommend anybody to travel to India without vaccination, as the state and local government are mandating vaccine proof to enter into certain businesses or pubic gathering, if the number of covid cases go up. Also we recommend all our guests to have International medical insurance to cover all hospitals in Mysore and Bangalore in India.
- We recommend all our guests to fly into Bangalore Airport (BLR) directly, if possible. If you transit through New Delhi Airport, please give at least 4 to 6 hours for the domestic connection, as the New Delhi airport is crowded and takes more time to process International arrivals, especially during Covid times.
- Important links to keep up to date with latest Covid related guidelines for International travel to India
Department of Civil Aviation (For latest International Flight updates)
Daily report on Covid Cases in India: