Ayurveda Therapies for Stress Relief
Duration: 14 / 21 / 28 days
According to Ayurveda, stress on the body and mind is the primary reason for all problems – physical, mental, social, family, relationships, economical and spiritual problems in our life.
Without Shanti (Peace of Mind), we can’t enjoy all the good things in life. It doesn’t matter how healthy our body may be, or how many assets, friends, family, pleasures, name and fame we may possess. Do we really appreciate and enjoy what we have? If not, what’s point of trying to accumulate more? Yoga and Ayurveda taught at AyurYoga Eco-Ashram has one primary purpose: to help people appreciate and respect their own body-mind and everything that we already have in this life, instead of stressing about what we don’t have.
Body and Mind are not two different things – but they are reflections of each other. All physical health problems have their source in the mind. And all mental stress and psychological fears are reflected in our physical body. The Ayurvedic approach to stress management is focused on relieving the stress from the Nervous System, while improving the relaxation of the entire body.
In addition to Ayurvedic therapies relieving the stress from the brain and nerves, proper diet, yoga, pranayamas, meditation and life styles changes offer a holistic approach. The peaceful atmosphere and mother nature at our ashram not only nurture your body-mind, but also reset your physical bio-rhythms and mental equilibrium. The stress management therapy offered at our ashram has a multi-approach to work on various aspects of the body-mind through gradual stages:
- Stage 1: To relieve stress from different organs in the Physical body at a deeper level.
- Stage 2: To improve the Cardio-Respiratory System (Blood Circulation and Lung Capacity).
- Stage 3: To improve the Nervous System and Nadis in the Pranic body.
- Stage 4: To improve the Endocrine Glands / Hormonal Balance, which are closely connected to emotional balance in the mind.
Please note stress management therapy works well for people stressed out due to work and a hectic lifestyle. If you are suffering from anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress and other psychological issues, this Ayurveda stress management therapy may be helpful but not sufficient. Anxiety, depression and other psychological disorders are much more deeply seated in the mind. You may need the help of professionals in psychiatry, psycho-therapy, Reiki and other healers specialized in the sub-conscious mind. Lectures on Yoga Philosophy and Psychology that we teach at the ashram can be helpful in giving your right orientation to the mind and life.
Ayurvedic treatments for stress, part of this program:
- Swedana (Loosening of toxins through herbal steam therapy).
- Abhyanga (Body rejuvenation through warm oil massage).
- Pizhichil (Muscular toning through oil bath).
- Shirodhara (Nervous destressing through a rhythmic flow of medicated oil on the forehead).
- Shirovasthi (Nervous rejuvenation through medicated oils that are retained on the head using an elongated cap).
- Thalam (Nervous relaxation through herbal decoctions applied to the crown of the head).
- Thalapothichil (Nourishment to nervous tissue by application of medicated paste on the head).
- Njavarkizhi (Stress relief through full-body massage with medicinal rice gruel contained in a pouch).
- Elakizhi (Therapeutic massaging with warm pouches containing herbs).
Please note the above list is a general set of treatments for this therapy. Based on your age, medical condition, Ayurvedic Dosha imbalance, our doctors will decide which treatments and duration of each one are appropriate. Please read our Ayurveda Treatments page for more details of the treatments.
Stress Management programme is not advisable if you are pregnant or lactating, or suffer from the following conditions:
- Alcohol or drug dependency.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Congestive cardiac failure.
- Myocardial Infarction.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders.
Ashram Life Style
The Ayurvedic therapies offered at our ashram can be more effective by following the suggested diet, yoga, meditation and a relaxed life style in natural settings. Ayurveda Treatments for Stress Management Therapy change every three days and timing of the treatment can be anywhere between 7 am to 7 pm, depends on the type of treatment on that particular day.
Other than Ayurveda Treatment, the recommended daily schedule in the ashram is as follows:
- 06:00 am: Meditation (Optional)
- 06:30 am: Herbal Drinks
- 07:00 am: Yoga*
- 09:00 am: Breakfast
- 01:00 pm: Lunch
- 04.00 pm: Yoga*
- 06.00 pm: Meditation/Mantras/ Nature Walk
- 07.00 pm: Dinner
- 08.00 pm: Video/Chanting (Optional)
* All our Ayurveda treatment packages includes only one yoga session per a day. Our Morning yoga session of two hours is for clients who are already adepts in yoga, while the evening yoga session is for beginners and senior citizens. You can choose one of them – not both. It is suggested to minimize physical and mental strain to see the best results from your Ayurveda therapies.
Theory classes are not part of Ayurveda packages. However, if there are any theory classes happening for other courses/clients, you can request to join in by paying an additional amount. For groups with more than 10 people, we can offer a theory class on Ayurveda.
2018 Off-Season Discounts:
Currently we are offering special discounts on all Ayurveda stays during June, July, August, and September 2018.
$200 USD discount on 7 and 14 days packages.
$300 USD discount on 21 and 28 days package.
This is a limited time offer valid for 5 people per each month of June, July, August and September 2018 stay dates only.
To avail the discount please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pricing for Ayurveda Stress Management Therapy:
Additional days with treatment :
$100 USD/day/Twin-share + Food
$130 USD/day/Private Room + Food
Additional days without treatment :
$30/day Room + Food.
This price doesn’t include any classes or activities.
Twin-Share pricing is applied only when you book with another person.
If you want to reduce the cost by sharing the room with the same gender, please email us the probable dates along with your name, age, gender, medical history etc. Then, we can try to find a suitable roommate to share and to reduce your total costs. If another person agrees we can share their contact info. with you to plan a trip together.
We offer special discounted prices and complementary additions for groups of at least 10 people. Please email us for group pricing: email@example.com . Travel agent can avail commissions on both group and retail bookings.
Pricing includes :
Daily one Ayurveda Treatment, about 6o to 90 minutes.
All ayurvedic oral medication during the treatment days.
Daily one Yoga session.
Daily one Meditation session (optional).
All ayurvedic/vegetarian meals and drinks, suggested by doctor.
Accommodation, with attached bathroom.
1 GB of complimentary Wi-Fi.
Evening Walks/meditation/mantra chanting/video shows etc.
Transport / Flight Tickets.
Payment processing fees charged by Paypal / Payment Gateways / Currency Exchange fees.
Airport Transfers can be organized at an extra cost. Please check “Travel & Visas” page on this website.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org