Yoga & Art Therapy Retreat in India
This unique Art Retreat, coupled with Yoga, aims to harmonize the body and mind through Art Therapy that includes paintings, meditations, creativity exercises, etc. to explore and express your own sub-conscious mind. Mother Nature, on this river-side location, in a peaceful countryside, along with yoga, meditation, yogic diet can help students to discover their creative passions.
Most of the yoga and meditation practitioners know that dealing with sub-conscious mind is not so easy. It takes years, if not decades, to silence the sub-conscious thoughts with regular meditation and to really enter into that thoughtless state of mind. But what many practitioners don’t know is how to let go of that sub-conscious mind through creative and conscious art – as a form of dynamic meditation.
What Do I Learn in this Yoga & Art Retreat?
During your stay in this Art Retreat with celebrated artist, Avantika, you will enter into a fuller dialogue with your own mind to unleash the hidden talents within. Incisive questions will guide you to discover what is unique and essential in your work, in your vision and in your Being.
Through paintings, colors, stickers you can explore your creative expressions and come out with concrete steps to support personal development and authentic Self expression. The facilitator, Avantika, will help you to grow and trust your creative vision so that you have a greater clarity and boldness in the direction you need to take with your art and heart of life.
Who Can Come to Yoga & Art Therapy?
Anybody with interest in yoga, meditation, art, personal growth. It is not necessary to have any prior experience in these fields. Beginners as well as intermediate and advanced seekers and art lovers are welcome. Please note this retreat is not for teaching any specific technique of painting. We assume everybody is an artist, or have the potential to be artistic, when the right circumstances can inspire them to express.
About Lead Teacher
Avantika is a Counselling Psychologist and certified Creative Arts Therapist. She is the founder of Soul Canvas – Art for Wellness and one of the core team members of CMTAI (Creative Movement Therapy Association of India) and Artsphere, Pune.
Avantika works with individuals using the person-centered approach to counselling, complemented by expressive arts as the underlying basis to achieve therapeutic goals within the domain of mental health, social-emotional skills and overall well being. Self-awareness through body-mind integration leads to insights, acceptance and resolution. Her work involves the interplay of talk therapy and the use of creative arts such as body movement, guided meditation, visual art, theater-play based activities and embodiment for expression and reflection.
Her experience includes working in different contexts such as hospitals (Medanta – The Medicity, Fortis Healthcare, Gurgaon), schools (Shiv Nadar School, DPS R K Puram, Srishti School of Design, Pearl Academy, Larkspur Educational Trust), rehabilitation centers (Richmond Fellowship Society), and NGOs (Asha Charitable Trust, Nightingale); while working with youth, adults, senior citizens, in both individual and group settings.
he was one of two Counselors at the Shiv Nadar School in Gurgaon, working closely with students, teachers, parents and administrative staff of over 2000 individuals and has recently moved to Pune where she is a therapist & facilitator at Artsphere.
Avantika will be leading two classes daily ( about 5-hours/day) in this retreat. There will be other yoga teachers from our school to teach yoga, pranayamas, meditation and yoga nidra (yoga relaxation) every morning. Also there will be optional video shows after dinner.
- 06:.00 – 06:45 am: Meditation.
- 07:00 – 09:00 am: Yoga (includes pranayama & relaxation).
- 09:00 – 10:30 pm: Brunch.
- 10:30 – 01:00 pm: Art Class (1st session).
- 01:00 – 02:00 pm: Tea with snacks/fruit salad.
- 03:00 – 06.00 pm: Art Class (2nd Session)
- 06:00 – 07:00 pm: Nature Walks/Mantras/Yoga
- 07:00 – 08:00 pm: Dinner
- 08:00 pm: Video-show/movies related to Art (optional)
The schedule is subject to change, as per weather and number of people and their background in Art.
Group Size: 5 – 10 only
Duration: 5 Days/6 Nights
Extension: Possible to extend by one/two days of extra lessons by paying additional $100/day (includes all meals + Accommodation + Art Materials).
Upcoming Dates for Yoga & Art Therapy in India
Currently we are offering this retreat only on demand, for a group of 10 people at least.
Arrival & Departure
- Check-in: After 2:00 pm, on the day before the Start Date
- Check-Out: By 9:00 am, on the day after End date
- Additional days of Stay: You may be able to stay before or after the retreat, depending on room availability. For additional days, the charge is $30/day for twin-share, $40/day for private room, includes all meals and drinks, but no classes.
Price for Yoga and Art Therapy Retreat:
$600 USD (Includes all classes + art materials + food + accommodation in a Private Room)
$500 USD (Includes all classes + art materials + food + accommodation in a Twin-Share Room)
$300 USD non-refundable deposit (included in price) at the time of Registration.
- Art classes – 5 hours a day
- Painting materials – Canvas, brushes, papers, colors, art book, tools, etc.
- Yoga, Pranayama / Meditation – 2 to 3 hours a day
- Nature Walks / Videos Shows (Optional)
- All Food & Drinks.
- Accommodation for the duration of the retreat, including the night before star day and the night after last day.
- Internet: If you have your own computer/phone, WiFi vouchers for 500 MB is complementary and extra vouchers can be purchased.
Price does not include:
- Flight Tickets
- Airport Transfer: Bangalore International Airport – we will pick you up at Extra cost Rs. 4000/taxi which can be shared with other students.
- Laundry (is available in our campus for a nominal price)
Please email: info(at)ayuryoga-ashram.com for any further questions.