Traditional Hatha / 30 Days / 200 Hours Yoga Alliance
One month Yoga Teacher Training in India, to experience the intensive and spiritual teachings and practices of traditional Hatha yoga – with more emphasis on breathing, awareness, meditation and a practical philosophy to live an enlightened life in society. Also, you will be presented with a professional Yoga Teacher Certification diploma, recognized by Yoga Alliance, with which you can start teaching yoga professionally.
This 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in India covers all the basic techniques and skills to get started on the noble path of sharing your practical knowledge of yoga – both physical & intellectual – in a professional way. Even if you are not interested in teaching yoga, the practices and philosophy have a detoxifying effect to enrich your body, mind and intellect, and also to understand the purpose of life and know-how to live a sane and peaceful life in this crazy world.
Group size: 18-24 students / minimum of 5 to 6 teachers a group / 10+ Supporting Staff.
Who Can Come?
- Practicing Yoga regularly for at least two years.
- Physically fit to handle four hours a day of practice. Test yourself with 10 rounds of Sun Salutation at one go and comfortable to hold the basic asanas for at least 30 seconds.
- Mentally eager to listen to two theory classes a day and write an exam!
- Spiritually focused to wake up early for meditation and ready to handle all the emotional roller coaster this course might cause.
- Passionate to question and challenge your own beliefs on who am I, purpose of life, cultural attitudes and ready to raise above petty judgments of society.
- Having no chronic illness, recent surgeries, pregnant, or under medication for severe psychological disorders.
- Practices led by traditional teachers: Asanas, Pranayamas, Neti, Meditation, and Chanting Mantras.
- Teaching Workshops: Demonstration of Asanas and their variations. Classification and sequencing of yoga asanas as per traditional understanding based on Chakras. Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy: Therapeutic benefits of Asanas and Pranayamas, precautions, and contraindications. Anatomy and Physiology of 7 systems of body.
- Philosophy: Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle in modern times, Historical Evolution of Yoga, Paths of Yogas, Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Teaching Practice: Testing and sharing your teaching skills with your co-teachers.
- Career: Business/Career of a yoga teacher, communication skills and safety norms.
Curriculum: International & Traditional
Techniques Training / Practice — 117 Hours: Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix between (1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and (2) guided practice of the techniques.
Teaching Methodology — 26 Hours: Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting /correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga.
Yoga Anatomy & Ayurveda— 26 Hours: Includes both human anatomy and physiology of Yoga. Anatomy of Pranic body: chakras, nadis, bandhas etc. Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, etc. Basic introduction to Ayurvedic three doshas, diet and lifestyle based on seasons and constitution.
Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics — 26 Hours: Includes the study of Yoga Sutras, Yoga in a Big Picture, historical evolution of yoga, four paths and various techniques for Self-Realization, yogic lifestyle in a modern society, and ethics for yoga teachers.
Practicum — 20 Hours: Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback.
- 06:00 – 06:40 am: Meditation
- 06:40 – 07:00 am: Neti / Kriyas
- 07:00 – 09:00 am: Yoga & Pranayamas
- 09:00 – 10:00 am: Brunch
- 10:30 – 12:30 pm: Yoga in Big Picture / Yoga Anatomy
- 12:30 – 02:00 pm: Free time / Private coaching
- 01:30 – 02:30 pm: Fruits/Snacks
- 02:30 – 04:00 pm: Yoga Sutras / Ayurveda
- 04:30 – 07:00 pm: Yoga Anatomy Workshops / Teaching Practice
- 07:00– 08:00 pm: Dinner
- 08:00 – 09:00 pm: Video Shows or Chanting, on 3 nights a week
- 10:00 pm – 10:00 am: Silence / Self-Reflections
This time table is subject to change as per weather conditions.
Classes are held 6 days a week. The 7th day is for optional Day-Trips.
Yoga Alliance Certification
During this Yoga Teacher Training in India, students are continuously assessed throughout the course in all five modules: 1) Self-Practice 2) Teaching skills 3) Anatomy + Ayurveda 4) Philosophy + Psychology of Yoga 5) Spirituality of Yoga. The Morning Yoga sessions are for improving the self-practice of asanas and also to make sure that you can comfortably practice/demonstrate all the asanas that you will be teaching after the course. Teaching skills are assessed through 12 sessions of Yoga Teaching practice in a small group of four/five people under the supervision of our teachers. Each teacher trainee will have to teach at least two yoga classes. Also, there will be one written exam on Anatomy and another paper on Philosophy, to assess what you learned in our theory classes. If you don’t pass the exams, we will be happy to sit down with you one-to-one and make sure that you do understand all the important concepts of Yoga.
AyurYoga Eco-Ashram is accredited as RYS 200 + RYS 300 Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance USA and also as RYS 200 with Yoga Alliance UK for the students from UK and European countries. Our faculty for teacher training includes at least six teachers, who are mostly recognized as E-RYT 500 (Expert Registered Yoga Teacher) or ERYT 200. The yoga teacher training certificate from our ashram in India, is valid for registering as RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance in USA or UK. In the last week of the course, we will explain and help you on how to register as a yoga teacher, insurance, taxation, Medical Release form and business aspects of teaching yoga.
Our Experience of Yoga Teacher Training in India
AyurYoga Eco-Ashram (formerly known as Yoga Vidya Retreats/Ashram in Kerala and Dharmasala), has been offering this Yoga Teacher Training Retreat in India since 2010. So far, we have completed 51 Yoga Teacher Training Retreats in India (as of August 2017), graduating more than 1000 people coming from 40+ countries around the world! At least 500 of them are now teaching in different countries.
Please view our Flickr page to see the photos of all our past Yoga Teacher Training Retreats held in India – also include the photos of Yoga Vidya Yoga Teacher Training Retreats from Varkala/Cochin (Kerala) and Dharamsala (Himachal Pradesh) in North India.
Other than a peaceful and safe environment for single females, healthy diet and comfortable accommodations (which are hard to find in India), our retreats are unique for the focus on spiritual aspects of Yoga taught by traditional teachers and also gives an introduction to Ayurveda.
After the course, we support our teachers through our online groups to help them with any suggestions and career opportunities through our Global Community and Facebook group for our Yoga Teachers, where you can always ask for guidance during early stages of teaching.
DOWNLOAD ORIENTATION GUIDE PDF
If you need more practical information about this program such how to get here, preparations, what to bring, what to read, and other practicalities of coming to India, please check out our Orientation Guide meant for preparing our Teacher Trainees.
Yoga Teacher Training India
You can also save/print this PDF from browser menu.
Upcoming Dates for 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training in India
|October 10 - November 7, 2017||0|
|January 5 - February 2, 2018||6|
|February 14 - March 14, 2018||19|
Pricing for 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training in India:
For Twin-Share Accommodation:
Female students can book the twin-share accommodation online and we will find another female student to share the room.
For male students, please book twin-share room online only if you have a partner to share the room. If not, please email to email@example.com to place you on the wait-list. Whenever we hear from another male student wanting to share a room, we will email you back with a link to register.
Pricing includes :
New yoga mat
Books, Manuals & neti pot.
30 days of all ayurvedic/vegetarian meals and drinks.
30 days of Accommodation, with attached bathroom.
1 GB of complimentary Wi-Fi.
Yoga Alliance Certification
Evening Walks/meditation/mantra chanting/video shows etc.
Transport / Flight Tickets.
Payment processing fees charged by Paypal / Payment Gateways / Currency Exchange fees.
Our courses are taught by at least six expert teachers and supported by more than 10 staff. The food in our ashram is specially designed for International yoga students, cooked with mostly vegetables from our own organic farm or bought from local farmers.
Airport Transfers and taxi to pick up and drop can be organized at extra cost. Please check How to Reach page for more details.
- Day before Start date: Arrival and rest.
- Starting Date: Includes opening ceremony and orientation.
- Day-Off: 3 days are off/every seventh day.
- Last Day: Departure after 2 pm (no extra charge for the last night).
- Additional days of Stay: You are welcome to stay before or after the retreat by paying an additional charge of $20/day for twin-share, $30/day for private room, includes all meals and drinks.
We organize Cultural Tours on every seventh day which is a day-off from classes. Please check the Day Tours page in our website for more information. The tour costs are not included in the course fees and need to be paid separately. It will cost $30 to $40 per a taxi which can be shared with other students.
Please email to info(at)ayuryoga-ashram.com.